Welcome to Yachting Girls

Welcome to a blog where the adventures of a team of crazy women who are mad about sailing can be shared.
We are living in the beautiful Huon Valley in Tasmania, surrounded by outstanding sailing waters.  In June 2007 my husband and I purchased a Columbia 27 cruising yacht.  My husband crews in a Top Hat 24 in the races held by the Port Cygnet Sailing Club so our yacht was going to sit idle for most of the sailing season.  A great idea came to us - lets have an all women crew and take on the men!

Follow our adventures...share our laughs...cheer us on...

Thursday, May 21, 2009

How could I have missed so much!

I am surprised that it is almost the end of May and I have not blogged on the site since February!
Life gets in the way I suppose. I have been incredibly busy in my new job and just have not got the writing done dear reader. Sailing was a highlight of the year to date with amazing opportunities throughout the season. I sailed almost every week end with the Cap'n and my significant other until the last two races of the season when I was able to take out Pathfinder with Cap'n Jim. The twilight series went well with the girls making 7 out of 8 races. The best we did was a third but we still came in 9th out of 30 yachts over the whole season. We have has a couple of third places and a second with Cap'n Jim so I cannot complain. The opportunity to sail was all I really wanted. The yacht is going well. She has been cleaned and anti-fouled twice this season so she should be going well. New Jib sheets have made tacking easier also. I feel that I own her now and have a commitment to getting her really smartened up over the winter. Will keep in touch...keep sailing and smiling!

No comments: